Thank you for your interest in Holland & Flanders. Please complete the information below. After registering you will automatically receive the scoop on Holland & Flanders quarterly.
1. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use HollandFlanders.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of our content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of our content requires the prior written permission from the board.
2. You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within HollandFlandersFlanders.com.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
3. HollandFlanders.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to HollandFlandersFlanders.com, Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions, Brink Media Inc., its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
4. Under no circumstances will HollandFlanders.com be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the site regardless of the form of action.
5. HollandFlanders.com does not warrant that functions contained in HollandFlanders.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that HollandFlanders.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
6. The names, images and logos identifying HollandFlanders.com, Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions, Brink Media Inc., or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of their respective authors. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of HollandFlanders.com, Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions, Brink Media Inc., or third parties.
Claims of Infringement
7. HollandFlanders.com accepts much of its content from various third party sources and therefore cannot verify its legality in adhering to applicable copyright laws. If you believe your intellectual property has been contributed to the site without your knowledge and/or permission, email a HollandFlanders.com administrator with the subject of "RE: Copyright Infringement" and a direct link and description of the page and property in question. The general administrative email account for HollandFlanders.com is: admin@HollandFlanders.com.
9. Further to paragraph 8, by submitting your contribution to HollandFlanders.com, you:
• 9.1 warrant that your contribution;
• 9.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to HollandFlanders.com for all the purposes specified above;
• 9.1.2 is not defamatory; and
• 9.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
• 9.2 indemnify HollandFlanders.com against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
• 9.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on HollandFlanders.com and the purposes specified above.
11. You agree to use the HollandFlanders.com interactive community features (such as comment posting and message sending) in accordance with the following Community Rules.
About your posts:
• Contributions must be civil and tasteful
• No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
• No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
• If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
• Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the use of HollandFlanders.com
• No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution more than once.
• Any advertisements must be HollandFlanders travel related and done in an informative approach aimed at accurately representing your business to potential travelers.
• No spoilers: material which contains plot developments which haven't been transmitted on analogue or digital television will be deleted unless submitted in a designated 'spoilers' area.
• Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
• No impersonation
• No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
• You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the relevant local house rules. If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community area.
• Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind except for locations open to the public such as businesses.
About the law:
• You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in HollandFlanders.com Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
• Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
• The views expressed by users of HollandFlanders.com are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of HollandFlanders.com, the board, or brink.
If you're under 13:
• In compliance with COPPA (the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998), any children under the age of 13 must obtain permissions from a parent or guardian before submitting any personal information to HollandFlanders.com. Children under the age of 13 are also prohibited from publicly displaying any personal information.
If you fail to abide by these rules when taking part in a HollandFlanders.com community service, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of HollandFlanders.com community areas.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to HollandFlanders.com communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on HollandFlanders.com, and we consider such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, we may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
We reserve the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
12. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on HollandFlanders.com (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.